Friday, June 15, 2012

Blow in the bag.

My french requirement Breathalysers arrived this week, the requirement is to carry 2 with you but the company I sourced them from supply them in 5s, so you can have a "practice" blow, whilst still having sufficient to be more than legal.

Break off the ends of the tube, inflate the bag and then connect the bag to the tube and squash the air out of the bag through the tube - not the same as the old UK Breathalyser (not that I ever blew one myself).

So, 2 & half pints of 3.7% real ale, wait 20 minutes then blow in the bag.

The result?
Well, I wouldn't dream of riding the bike after 2 & half pints (I certainly didn't feel "capable") 
but my breathalyser said I was OK!


To fail the test with this particular type of test, the crystals have to change to green over the red line - a little subjective to make an accurate judgement, but certainly an eye opening exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers